Saturday, July 13, 2013

Time to Paint the Kitchen

I got up around 8:00 or so and started to tape off the kitchen cabinets, that didn't take long as there were only a few to tape off. Ready to paint now.



It was such a pain to paint above the cabinets since I'm so short. I basically ended up standing on the counters to paint. When I got to the corner Jeff had to paint since he is taller and his arms are longer. He hates the smell of paint so painting for him is a chore. Then I took back over. When I got to the fridge Jeff moved it out of the way for me so I could paint behind it. It was also fun laying on the floor to paint underneath the shelf which is the grandkids table. While I was finishing up painting Jeff went to get us some lunch as we didn't eat breakfast. By the time he got back home I was almost done. After lunch and cleaning up it was probably around 2:00.

I wanted to go to the antique mall in Virginia Beach to see if I could find some items to go in the laundry room. I was looking for mason jars or any jars and laundry items like old timey clothes pins or a bucket. I found some jars but boy were they expensive, no clothes pins though.

Then we went to Home Depot. We had bought some tin back splash  a week or so ago which was actually not tin but it looked like it. It was called Fasade and it was water, impact and stain resistant. Well, we decided not to use that so we had to return it. While we were at Home Depot last night we saw some peel and stick tiles that we liked the concept of. We liked the idea of just sticking them to the wall and not messing with any mortar; however, they didn't have anything we really liked so we hit Lowe's after we got home last night to see what they had. They had some mosaic tiles we really liked so we bought a 12x12 tile and took it home to look at it and we decided to go that route even though we have never tiled before. After we returned the tin back splash to Home Depot we went across the street to Lowe's to get the mosaic tiles. We bought 16 more 12x12 sheets, the grout and necessary items to install tile.

We had a nice dinner with Nicole, Dave and Haylee at Olive Garden. We met them there at 6:00.  I think we were there for close to two hours. Just sitting, talking and relaxing. It was nice.

After dinner it was back home to get the kitchen in some type of order. We ended up hanging all the items back up on the wall and I dusted off the tins and Jeff put them back up on the cabinets. By then we were pooped and it was time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment