Saturday, July 27, 2013

Jeff on Nights

Jeff is working nights so I wanted to get out of the house so I wouldn't accidentally wake him up. Both Kimberly and Nicole had plans but Nicole needed to go shopping to get a birthday present for Lindsay's son, Conner, who was turning two. So I headed into town a little after 9:00. Nicole was going to Conner's birthday party at 2:30 so we had to get our shopping and lunch done before then. I picked up Nicole and Haylee then off to Target we went. After Target we went to Bed, Bath and Beyond. Jeff and I needed another sound machine as we only have one and we need one for the kids room and one for the guest room. When Haylee and Brayden spent the night last weekend, Brayden had to do without a sound machine because I only had one and Haylee wanted it. While at BB&B I also picked up an over the door mirror for the guest room. Since we covered up the little mirror above the chest in there I had to get another one to take the place of it. When we were done we headed to Ruby Tuesday's to meet Kimberly and Brayden for lunch. We still had some time after lunch so Nicole, Haylee and I went to Home Depot. I had a couple items to return and I wanted to get a small can of paint, a new weed killer container and look at some flowers. Nicole decided not to go to the birthday party as she didn't sleep well last night and she was tired. Also, the party was a cook-out and it was a little warm out especially for someone who is 36 weeks pregnant carrying twins. So we decided to go get ice cream at Dairy Queen. Then I dropped them back home. Haylee wanted me to stay and go swimming but since Nicole had plans to go to the birthday party I didn't bring my swimsuit. She wanted me to go home and get it and come back but since I live about 50 minutes away, that wasn't an option. I guess I just need to leave my swimsuit in the car for times like this.

When I got home Jeff was up and around. He had finished mowing the ditch for me. I had mowed the front yard last night but I didn't mow the ditch as the lawn mower leans and I feel like I'm going to fall over so I always leave the ditch for him to do. When he left for work I mowed the backyard. I wanted to hurry up and get it done before the mosquitoes came out. They are awful this year. I ended up wearing sweat pants and spraying my ankles and arms with Deep Woods Off hoping that would help and it did. It took me a couple hours to mow. I think we have the slowest riding lawn mower ever. The neighbors can mow their one acre lot in one night and it takes Jeff and I two days to mow our 1 1/2 acres. We haven't figured out how to make ours go faster. Maybe one day we will figure it out but till then I guess it will just take us two days to mow our yards.

No comments:

Post a Comment