Friday, July 19, 2013

Kitchen Outlets

First of all I want to say, we aren't professionals. When we installed the back splash we made the mistake of covering some of the screws in the outlets not thinking that if we need to replace them one day we wouldn't be able to get them out. Also, we found out we needed to put spacers behind the screws to push the outlets out to be able to put the covers back on. So during lunch I went to Lowe's and bought a tile bit for the Dremel at Dad's recommendation. When I got home I started right on the outlets. I'm over the kitchen update project so I'm anxious to get it finished. I used the tile bit on all the outlets while Jeff installed the spacers behind the screws. That wasn't fun. Two of the outlets had too much wire so Jeff had a hard time getting the outlets back in once he had pulled them out to get the spacers behind them. Drilling the tiles sure did make a mess. Once they were back in I vacuumed all the tile dust and wiped down the counters.





We still have a little trim work to do and put the under cabinet lights back up but overall this project is completed. We liked how it turned out but I don't think we will ever do another tile job again.

1 comment:

  1. Love your back splash Shaun and Jeff. Mom

    ReplyDelete