Monday, July 15, 2013

Grouting the Back Splash

While I was at work Jeff worked on power washing the side of the house and the front porch. We get mold on the side of the house and we received a letter from the HOA that we need to clean the house. Jeff spent almost all day doing that and by the time I got home from work his back was killing him.

I decided to go ahead and finish the back splash even though Jeff's back was hurting. I put the grout on and he wiped off the excess off the tiles plus cleaned up where it was falling onto the floor and counter. It was a messy job and I'm so glad that is over with. By the time I was finishing the last wall I was getting real messy trying just to hurry and get it done with. We finished that up around 8:00 then we finally ate some dinner and took showers and relaxed some. Jeff ended up falling asleep in his chair with a heating pad on his back. He was worn out, poor guy.

As soon as I get the grout sealed and we move the stove back in place and get the stuff back on the counters, I'll post some pictures of the finished kitchen. It might be a couple days though as I don't remember how long the grout needs to sit before we can seal it.

I do believe I'm finished with my projects at this time. Might have to work on our bathroom next year. Painting the laundry room and working on the kitchen did me in.

2 comments:

  1. You should have had Jacob put in your backsplash! He did ours and Emily & Dan's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see all your hard work. I bet it looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete