Sunday, July 7, 2013

Let's Paint the Laundry Room

Today I painted the laundry room and boy am I pooped. While Jeff was working I decided to go ahead and paint. The day didn't start out on a good note as I didn't have a roller, I just had the roller covers in our painters box. So I had to make a trip to Lowe's to get the roller and a paint brush as I hadn't washed the paint brush from painting the twins' red shelves yet.

When I got back home it was time to prep the laundry room. I had to move the washer and dryer from the wall and disconnect them both. Move the bench out to the hallway. Take down the wire shelf and all the pictures, key hook and jacket hook off the walls. Then the outlet covers. I had to vacuum the room and wipe down the baseboards as they were dirty and dusty. That was a nightmare in itself doing all that. The washer and dryer is not light plus I don't have a big room to work with when I moved them from the wall. I didn't bother taping off the baseboards or the ceiling as that takes too long so I just have to be careful painting in those areas.

Now it was time to begin to paint. When I got done painting the wall where the washer and dryer went I had to stop and move them back so I could paint the other side. Told you it is a small room. Even though the room is small, painting it took several hours and I thought I was going to have to go back and get some more paint. I hate textured walls as they soak up the paint. I'm so glad I didn't have to as I got the paint at Home Depot instead of Lowe's. The color I picked is a teal color and both Jeff and I like how it turned out.

When I got done painting I started putting the outlet covers back up and the wire shelf, key rack and coat rack back up. I didn't hang up the keys or coats though and I didn't want them to hit the wall since it hasn't completed cured yet. I didn't hang the pictures up either as I don't know which ones I want to keep. I then moved the bench back in. After I put the room back to some sort of order I started wiping down the doors, washer and dryer. With the dogs going in and out through there to the garage they rub against the doors and dryer and it gets pretty dirty. The laundry room looks so fresh now. I will post before and after pictures when it's completed. I still have a few things I want to add to the room first.

When all that was done it was time for me to get something to eat. I was starving and it was around 4:00 so I decided to go to Wendy's and get me a salad. I stayed in front of the TV for an hour or so relaxing till Jeff got home. I was worn out and my back was killing me.

When Jeff got home I decided to mow the back yard as it's way behind and the weeds are so tall. Jeff filled up the mower with gas and even brought me some water while I was mowing. I only had time to mow half of it before it got dark and the bugs were eating me alive. Plus Jeff wouldn't let me do anymore since my back was hurting from painting. When I came in the house Jeff had the shower prep for me and the heating pad out on the couch ready to go for when I got out of the shower. That was nice and thoughtful. Jeff's back can't take mowing the back yard so I try to do it. Hopefully, I can finish mowing it tomorrow night but it's calling for 30% rain so we shall see.

One thing I learned from today was never ever paint a laundry room after you have moved in. It's too much work moving everything out of the way. So make sure you paint before you move in.

1 comment:

  1. You sure are a hard worker. Can't wait to see pictures of the laundry room. Mom

    ReplyDelete