Friday, June 21, 2013

Work Renovation


My work is going through a major renovation. The whole office minus the warehouse is getting renovated. Walls are being torn down, offices are being relocated, getting a new kitchen, bigger women's bathroom to make it handicap accessible, new carpet, new lights and the list goes on. During the renovation our office is being relocated two doors down to a temporary office space which means we have to move the whole office. The moving commenced on Wednesday. Everyone was in charge of getting their office packed up and moved. That morning I moved my office then in the afternoon Paul and I went through the office supply closet and cleaned that out. That was a lot of work. We ended up throwing some stuff away. The contractors showed up that morning bright and early and started tearing down walls while we were moving. At one point they had turned off the electricity and we had to get it turned back on so we could see while we were packing up the office supply closet. By the end of the day my back was killing me. Also, my feet were barking with all the walking I had to do between offices. On Thursday, Paul and I finished up the kitchen, foyer, taking down shelves in the copy room and any other things that needed to be done. I'm not sure how Paul and I got elected to move the majority of stuff. We did have the Rental Dept. move the big items like desks, filing cabinets and the fridge. These past few days have worn me out. All I can think about is in another 45-60 days we get to do this all over again, that's how long it should take for the renovation to be complete. I'm not looking forward to that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment