Saturday, June 29, 2013

Hospital Tour

I thought it was about time that Nicole took me to Norfolk General Hospital and show me where to park and where to go once we are in the hospital when she has the twins. In the past both Kimberly and Nicole have had the kids at Virginia Beach General Hospital so I'm not familiar with Norfolk General. It's a pretty confusing area where the hospital is as there is Sentara Norfolk General Hospital, the Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters, Sentara Heart Hospital, Eastern VA Medical School, Jones Institute and several other buildings with different parking lots and garages. Some of the parking lots and garages are free and some charge.


She drove me around the complex and pointed out the free parking lot and garage and then showed me the parking garage that charges. Depending on the time of day will depend on where we will park. If it's during the day the free parking lot will probably be packed and the Heart Hospital parking garage is a little far so I'm not sure if we are going to park there. So we may be parking in the Kaufman parking garage which is $8/day. After we parked in the free lot we went in the hospital where she took me to the 4th floor where she will have the twins. The hospital is a little big but I think I got it, we just need to follow the signs to Women Health. 

After we got done with the hospital tour we went to lunch at Ruby Tuesday's. I was in the mood for a mini turkey burger. It was a yucky day as it rained on and off all day. Why does it always rain on the weekends when I have off?

Then on to Best Buy to get a TV for the guest room. We are planning on getting rid of the big 32" TV in our room as we don't use it that much. However, no one wants a big old 32" TV so we may be donating it to charity. Sometimes the grandkids watch DVD's in our room so since we want to get rid of our TV we decided to get one for the guest room for them. Also, at times they will watch DVD's in the great room. What usually will happen is we will put a DVD in for them then they will watch it for a little bit then they will disappear in the kids room to play and leave Jeff and I watching the DVD. It happens all the time. Best Buy had a 19" LED HDTV DVD combo so we decided to go ahead and get it. When we found the TV it was by a 19" LCD HDTV DVD combo at the same price as the LED. The LCD had a bigger frame around it so it made it sit higher and it just looked bigger. After Nicole and I stood there for a while debating on which one to get we decided the LED had a better picture so I got that one. 

After we left Best Buy we decided to go to Carter's and see if they had any preemie clothes. We found some but they really didn't have any one piece outfits, they either had onesies or outfits with pants. I bought a couple things and I also bought the twins some outfits for Christmas that had grandpa on the onesie. We try and get every onesie or shirt that has either grandma or grandpa on them. I looked to see if they had one for Brayden but they didn't. By the time we left there it was close to 3:30 and I had to be home at 4:30 to take Jeff to pick up his car at the service station in South Mills. His car was getting a state inspection. So Nicole took me back to her house so I could pick up my car then home I went.

The rest of the evening was spent on the couch watching TV and reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment