Thursday, June 27, 2013

Sandwich Bread

Sandwich bread doesn't last long in our house, as you can tell.


They really need to sell smaller sandwich bread loaves. They sell thicker bread loaves that are in smaller loaves, not quite sure why they don't sell sandwich bread in small loaves. We don't like to freeze bread as it seems like every time we defrost a loaf or buns they are hard and dried out.

I read that bread mold likes warm moist and dark environments. Well then, why did they invent bread boxes. Aren't they dark. I wonder if we should keep the loaf just in case we get sick and need penicillin. Mold on bread is the same species from which we get penicillin from. Now there is an idea.

Since we went to the grocery store earlier in the week I decided to make some homemade sandwich bread instead of going to the store again. I have several bread machine cookbooks and I found a recipe that we like in Bread Machines for Dummies cookbook. The bread cooks for three hours so as soon as I got home from work I started it. The house is smelling so good.

 
The bread won't be cool enough for me to cut before I go to bed so I'll just store it in my plastic bread container and Jeff can cut it tomorrow.
 
store bought bread vs homemade bread
 
Since I was in a baking mood, I decided to cook up some cookies. Jeff was in the mood for some sweets and when we were at the grocery store he picked out some white chip macadamia nut cookies. So I made two dozen cookies.
 
 
I cheated on these though as they aren't homemade. I bought them already made in the dairy section so all I had to do is cook them. Oh well, sometimes you just have to cheat at baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment