Thursday, March 20, 2014

Carnival Splendor



Tonight I heard some awesome news regarding Carnival that was announced on the news.

The Carnival Splendor will be operating out of Norfolk in 2015! 

The itineraries are:

  • Two-day cruise to no where departing on May 16
  • Two, five-day cruises to the Bahamas in May and one in October
  • Six-day cruise to the Bahamas on October 17
  • and a seven-day cruise to Bermuda departing on October 23

We are so excited because we have been wanting to go to Bermuda for a couple years now with our friends, Bruce and Dare. As soon as I heard I had to tell Dare but right before I told her Bruce had already told her on Facebook. Great minds think alike.

It will be so nice to finally be able to catch a cruise locally and not have to pay for airfare. Airfare it's getting crazy especially after we just paid around $1700 to fly to Alaska for the cruise in September. I just think that is ridiculous. When we went to Alaska in 2006 we flew to Seattle round-trip and only paid $300/person. This time; however, we are flying to Fairbanks and coming back via Vancouver, Canada so that makes the tickets a little bit more since it isn't round-trip but still.

I'm not sure when we will book the cruise since it's still over a year away but Jeff and I are thinking it might go fast since it will be the only cruise to Bermuda. Dare contacted BJ's last night since that is who she goes through for cruises, she is a member and gets a better deal. Since Carnival just announced it yesterday, BJ's didn't have any pricing yet. So I'm not sure when she will contact them back. I also told my parents as they have been wanting to go on a cruise too. This cruise is three days at sea and three days in port at King's Wharf so it's right up their alley. They can just sit back and relax on the ship. Sounds like a great idea to me!

Bermuda here we come!




No comments:

Post a Comment