Monday, January 13, 2014

First Week on Diet



Well, let me tell you that this past week has been hard. It's hard to go cold turkey and not eat carbs and sugar. I love my bread, pasta and cookies. Doesn't everyone?

For starters I don't like drinking eight glasses of water a day and for the most part I didn't end up drinking eight glasses. I hate running to the bathroom all day plus waking up at night and getting out of my nice, warm bed to go. I would rather drink sweet tea and Diet Coke. Some days I did have unsweetened tea with Sweet'n Low and Diet Coke with lunch or dinner.

Breakfasts have been hard to. I don't like to eat breakfast as soon as I get up, I would rather wait till 9:30 and eat. The only type of eggs I like are scrambled and I can't do that at work. So I have been doing a no no and eating Cream of Wheat for breakfast. I'm not suppose to eat that till Cycle 2, oh well.

Lunches. All I can say is I'm tired of salads with canned chicken. I really wasn't a salad eater to begin with so eating them almost everyday is not my idea of something yummy. Some days I did go to Chick-fil-a and have their grilled chicken nuggets with fruit and a Diet Coke. Yah, for Chick-fil-a for having grilled nuggets! Not many fast food places have things for you to eat if you are trying to be healthy besides a salad. Boring!

For snacks during the day I have been eating oranges, apples, baby carrots, and yogurt. I have been getting Dannon Light & Fit Nonfat Vanilla Yogurt in quarts then I will divide that up into servings and add frozen blueberries to it. So yummy.

Dinner hasn't been too bad. I had a taco salad, tilipia with Green Giant Cauliflower & Cheese Sauce (it has a value of 1 point on Weight Watchers and only 50 calories per serving), turkey burger with asparagus, and McDonald's Bacon Ranch Salad with grilled chicken. I got the McDonald's salad on Saturday on my way home from Nicole's so I took it home and used my fat free dressing instead of using theirs. Yesterday, Jeff and I did go to Applebee's for a late lunch/early dinner and I had the Napa Chicken and Portobellos. I ate the chicken, mushrooms and some onions then gave the red potatoes to Jeff and had some of his vegetables. I was so proud of myself that I didn't even eat one potato. Go me!

At night I have been eating some almonds, which is also a no no. You aren't suppose to eat anything after 7:00 pm. and I'm usually eating them around 9:00. My tummy starts growling and I would rather put something in it before I go to bed so I don't wake up starving.

Drum roll please.............

I have lost 3.8 lbs. so far. I broke down and weighed myself on Saturday and I had lost 2.8 lbs. then I weighed myself again this morning, since it had officially been a week, and I had lost another pound. I hope the scale was right.

Only ten more days on Cycle 1.


1 comment: