Monday, January 6, 2014

17-Day Diet Again



I or should I say we girls have decided to go back on the 17-Day Diet again. I have gained almost all my weight back and I'm pretty disgusted with myself so it was time. I want to get back to what I looked like when we went to Disney.

Kimberly and I started back today and Nicole will start back up around the 15th. Dave went grocery shopping before he knew we were going back on the diet so she has a house full of not so good for you foods that she needs to eat first.

Since Kimberly and I were starting today, I wanted to go to Cracker Barrel for my last bad meal. So last night Jeff and I went there, my last meal consisted of their Sunday fried chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy, fried apples and a biscuit with apple butter. It was so yummy. Then on the way home we stopped at the grocery store. When we got home I divided my salad and canned chicken into lunch meals for the week and packed my breakfast, lunch and snacks for today.

Today wasn't too bad. I have a hard time drinking 8 glasses of water, I just hate running to the bathroom every 5 minutes but I did get about 7 in today. I had 896 calories out of 1200 but My Fitness Pal yelled at me since I was below the 1200 minimum calories allowed. It says it may put me in starvation mode, which isn't good. My Fitness Pal is a free calorie counter, diet and exercise journal us girls use. I really like it and it helps me stay on track.

For some reason this time around seems different for me. I am not dreading it like I was the first time. I'm not sure if that is because I know what I can and cannot do or if I have a more positive feeling going in. Yes, I'm still hungry through out the day but I have a better attitude about going on the diet. I'm hoping this time I can follow the plan in Cycle 4, the maintenance cycle, when we have completed the diet and not gain it all back. I hope this positive attitude sticks with me forever and I keep it off.

Wish me luck!


1 comment: