Tuesday, May 28, 2013

New Camera

Last week I bought a new camera. I had a little Canon that I could throw in my purse for trips to Busch Gardens and anywhere else I would need a little camera for. Over a year ago my Canon got knocked on the floor and the lens got broken. That camera was awesome, it could take really fast pictures. I have been looking at the Olympus TG-630 iHS and Canon ELPH 130 IS for a month now. I wanted something that could take continuous pictures and do well in low light. I have an Olympus now so I thought a smaller one would be perfect since the settings would hopefully be about the same. The TG-630 iHS is water, shock and freeze proof which makes the camera ideal to take on outdoor outings. The Canon had a better zoom lens and you could load pictures to the Internet via WiFi which I thought was neat. So after weeks of going back and forth I decided on the Olympus TG-630 iHS. I guess the deciding factors were if I needed a zoom lens I could just use my big camera and when will I be around WiFi to load pictures directly to the Internet from the camera. Also, the TG-630 iHS is water and shock proof so if it gets dropped again the lens shouldn't break. I got the camera on Saturday and got to use it for the first time on Sunday at the Strawberry Festival. Isn't it pretty?

I haven't really got to play with the settings yet. I got a little set-up manual on how to load the battery and set up the day/time. Why don't they enclose an owner's manual anymore? They don't for cell phones either. I always have to go online and print one out. I got a CD with the camera that I finally decided to load to my computer last night and found the manual on there. I ended up printing it out because I don't want to have to sit at the computer and read the manual, not very comfy. So hopefully in the next week or so I will go through the manual with the camera and look at all the different settings. It has a Beauty Mode that lets you smooth out wrinkles, whiten teeth and add make-up touches. I can't wait to check that setting out!

1 comment: