Sunday, December 8, 2013

Homemade Pants for the Twins

Nicole has been shopping for pants for the twins for Christmas. She can find compfy pants and jeans but no corduroys or nice pants. So I decided to make them some.

I went to Jo-Ann Fabrics and got a pattern, elastic and black corduroy material. I was surprised on how much patterns have gone up through the years. I don't think I have bought a pattern in over 20 years.


The pattern came in five sizes - XXS, XS, S, M and L. I decided to make them XS even though it was for 1-3 months old, their weights fit in that size. Making the pants was pretty easy. The only hard part was hemming the legs as the openings are so small and I don't have a free arm sewing machine.


I was pretty happy with the finished product since I haven't made pants in like forever. I hope Nicole likes them too.



No comments:

Post a Comment