Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Necklace Rack

I have been wanting somewhere to put my necklaces so they wouldn't get all tangled up. Right now they have been in my jewelry box and it seems like it never fails that when I want to wear one it's all tangled up with another necklace. So I have been looking on Etsy for a jewelry rack. I saw this one and thought I could make this and it be way cheaper.




However, I don't think that happened. By the time I bought the wood, trim, stain and door knobs I think the price was close to the one on Etsy but at least I can say I made it myself. Right?





The board is the same length as the one on Etsy, I figured it was a good size rack. I looked everywhere for the onlay but I couldn't find one that was small enough. So I gave up on that and decided to add some trim instead. Now the door knobs. I looked at Home Depot, Lowe's, Target and Wal-Mart and none of them had the old timey knobs that I wanted. So I decided to look on Etsy and eBay. I found some on eBay that I liked. I decided on two clear glass knobs, a cobalt blue glass knob, a white rose ceramic knob and royal blue rose knob. Jeff put the rack together for me then I stained it. I wanted the same look as the one on Etsy, the distressed look but I looked everywhere for distressed paint and I couldn't find it. Evidently, to get that look there are ten million steps to achieve it and I didn't want to do all that. I finally found a stain, white wash pickling stain that I used instead. After, I stained it and let it dry for a couple days, Jeff put the knobs on. It's hanging up by my bathroom sink above my towel rack. One day I will paint the bathroom walls a light blue to match the royal blue rose knob. That will be my next big project as I want to also put up bead board in there. Maybe next year. Anyway, overall I liked how it turned out. What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment