Thursday, August 7, 2014

Curves Update


I have been going to Curves now for about five months. During that time I was suppose to get weighed and measured once a month; however, that never happened. I was too scared.

During the month of August if you get weighed and measured you go into a drawing for a pedicure so I figured it was time.

I have lost 6.4 lbs and 8.5". It's not the readings I wanted but it's better than nothing. I try to go at least three times a week but some weeks I only make it two times.

Here is the break down.

Arms: .5"
Bust:  0"
Waist:  .25"
Abdomen:  1.25"
Hip:  2.5"
Thighs:  4"

What's weird is my BMI went up 1.25 and my Body Fat went up 2. They took the readings three times on three separate days with no difference. Dawn and Carol can't figure out why those numbers went up since I lost weight and inches so they are going to send a message to Curves headquarters and see if they have any ideas. Dawn thinks they are just going to tell her that the weight I lost was water weight and not body fat. Guess we will see.

My goal for the next month is to lose 3 additional pounds. Dawn told me to try and eat protein for breakfast to get my metabolism going in the morning so I ended up buying some protein drinks. I have been drinking that before I leave the house in the mornings then around 9:30-10:00 I eat my normal breakfast of oatmeal. My downfall is the evenings and the weekends. It seems like a couple hours after I eat dinner I'm starving then I snack which is bad. Then on the weekends I try to watch what I eat but sometimes I give in, my will power is awful then. Then I weigh myself on Sunday mornings and get depressed because either I have gained a pound or two or lost a pound or two. It seems like I'm at a stand steel on weight loss so hopefully with me drinking these protein drinks once a day will help me get past this plateau. Wish me luck!


1 comment:

  1. You are doing good Shaun. Good luck on reaching your goal. Mom

    ReplyDelete