Friday, September 13, 2013

Fall Allergies



As most of you know, I have allergies. My bad periods are usually spring and fall. I go every four weeks for allergy shots - pet dander, dust, mold and trees/grasses/weeds. On top of that I take Zyrtec, Nasonex and Singular daily. Today, I had a six-month check up with my allergist and wouldn't you know it, I woke up with a sinus headache and hoarseness. Fall allergies have officially begun for me. My doctor decided to start me on an antibiotic, Clarithromyc for 14 days, and Prednisone for 12 days. Normally when I get a sinus infection I usually am on the Zithromax Z-Pack but he wanted me on something stronger and longer than that. He said he wants to nip this in the bud before it gets worse. I really am surprised he gave me an antibiotic, he normally just gives me Prednisone. He also moved my shots to every other week. Hopefully with both the antibiotic and steroids, I will kick this before it gets bad.  I go back and see him in two weeks on the 25th.

On a funny note, when I was waiting in a room for him to see me he walked right past the room. He then turned around and came in. He said he didn't recognize me with my my new hair. I haven't seen him since March. He said he liked it though.

2 comments:

  1. My word girl. You have terrible allergies. That's is a beautiful fall picture. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny about the dr passing you because he didn't recognize you. Girl you do have some serious allergies. That is a beautiful fall picture. Mom

    ReplyDelete